Welcome to Villa Emilia (My Woodland Garden), a photography blog with a slant towards gardening and nature. An amateur gardener and photographer, I hope to share beautiful moments with you through pictures. Let me know if you like them! ❤

Thank you for your visit.

21.5.2019

The University of Oxford Botanic Garden: The Conservatory


Springtime impressions from Oxford, UK






Hello all! I'm back from a "pilgrimage" to Oxford, UK. :) One of my main destinations was of course the Botanic Garden. I have so many photos that I don't know where to start... :) The Conservatory was among my very favourite places. The greenhouses were lovely places to take photos, with a softer light than outside.




Hei taas! Tässä tulee ensimmäinen (monesta, todella monesta :)) postauksesta lyhyeltä Oxfordin reissultani. Hotellini sijaitsi lähellä (ei tietenkään sattumalta :)) yliopiston kasvitieteellistä puutarhaa, jonne hankin 20 puntaa maksavan "annual passin". Kävin niin usein puutarhassa sekä hieman kauempana sijaitsevassa arboretumissa, että "passi" tuli edullisemmaksi kuin päivälippujen hinnat. Kasvitieteellinen puutarha on perustettu 1621, sen laajuus on noin 1,8 ha, kasvilajeja on yli kuusi tuhatta... aivan ihana paikka siis. Oxfordin yliopiston opiskelijat pääsevät sisään ilmaiseksi.




Aurinko paistoi useimpina päivinä pilvettömältä taivaalta. Aikaiset aamut tai illat olisivat olleet mieluisimpia kuvausaikoja, mutta koska puutarha on toukokuussa avoinna 9 - 18, useimmissa kuvissa aurinko paistaa aikaa korkealta. Hieman hämyisät kasvihuoneet olivat hyvin viehättäviä paikkoja kuvaamiseen.

Tästä linkistä aukeaa puutarhan kartta, johon palaan vielä myöhemmin. Nämä kuvat on otettu viherhuoneessa (kartassa nro 5).




















22 kommenttia:

  1. To immerse oneself in a botanic garden anywhere is an exercise in sensory delight , and in Oxford you have the additional pleasure of all the other attractions of this wonderful historic centre of learning.

    VastaaPoista
  2. Ciao Sara, bellissimi fiori e colori!!!

    VastaaPoista
  3. And to think I live just down the road from here when i am in the UK. What a beautiful place, I must get there! Wonderful photos.
    Wren x
    PS you are one of my quoted bloggers this week on my Blogspot blog. Thank you for your contribution to my A-Z challenge x

    VastaaPoista
  4. Great shots of the beautiful plants and flowers!
    Glad that you had nice weather.
    Here in Italy still rainy and fresh...
    Ciao carissima! xx

    VastaaPoista
  5. Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    your capturing GIVES NEW DELIGHTFUL MEANING TO PHOTOGRAPHY DEAR Sarah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    my eyes relive with your exquisite images and they fill my soul with uplifting energy!

    How lucky these garden were to have you around my friend :))) and how lovely for them to be captured through your poetic lenses !

    AN ABSOLUTE JOY TO SEE YOUR IMAGES AS ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hugs!

    VastaaPoista
  6. Oh to be able to witness spring colour like this.
    Winter is still a week or so away and our azaleas are already flowering.

    VastaaPoista
  7. Ihania kuvia ihanasta paikasta. Kiitos.

    VastaaPoista
  8. Hej Sara!

    Ett angenämt problem egentligen med ett överflöd av bilder. Du är ju superduktig med kameran och jag känner nästan doften som dina bilder förmedlar, underbart vackert!

    Kram!

    VastaaPoista
  9. WOW,Sara! Made me swoon again!!!Hugs!

    VastaaPoista
  10. Both post were just amazing and your photos are great as usual. Have a blessed evening. Madeline

    VastaaPoista
  11. What a wonderful feast for the eyes this post and the one above is.
    Fantastic photographs … such beautiful plants and flowers.

    All the best Jan

    VastaaPoista
  12. Part 2 Oxford - these images are much more familiar in my garden. Wonderful photography.

    VastaaPoista
  13. Voi ihanuutta - näitä kuvia ja niitä muita osioita myös, voisi selata aina uudestaan! Kiitos ihanasta välähdyksestä!

    VastaaPoista
  14. Fantastic photos! I hope you had a good visit.

    VastaaPoista
  15. Beautiful flowers, here and in the next part too. But my favourite is the mandarin tree... It's such a cheerful sight! :-)
    Happy week, dearest Sara!
    Big hugs!

    VastaaPoista
  16. Verrassend en mooi. Thank you so much for sharing all this beauty!

    VastaaPoista
  17. And I also love "de mandarijnen boom".

    VastaaPoista
  18. Sara, it looks like your photos are a bit larger. Is there a setting you changed on your camera or blog? Such lovely pictures on here today. The tangerines made me smile, as my mom would put oranges in our stockings every Christmas. Your flowers of Spring are so pretty, Sara. I hope you are enjoying all the beauty this season brings. Your pictures capture it well. : )

    ~Sheri

    VastaaPoista
  19. 🍊 Thank you! 🍊 Kiitos! 🍊 Grazie! 🍊 Tack! 🍊 Dank je! 🍊

    🍊 The photos of these Oxford posts are indeed larger than usually.
    I tend to post my photos - no matter what is their size - large or X-large (the Blogger settings).
    This time I resize them and use the "original size" setting. 🍊

    VastaaPoista


Thank you for your comment! It is very much appreciated.
It may take awhile, but I will always visit you back.

Kiitos kommentistasi!

Grazie del tuo commento!