Welcome to Villa Emilia (My Woodland Garden), a photography blog with a slant towards gardening and nature. An amateur gardener and photographer, I hope to share beautiful moments with you through pictures. Let me know if you like them! ❤

Thank you for your visit.

8.8.2014

August

It's still hot.  In these areas we have been lucky: no heavy thunderstorms have occurred. Like many people, I do find storms fascinating; one would just hope they wouldn't cause damage to people or animals or homes or gardens... This photo was taken during an afternoon, when a storm was expected.  However, more dramatic than this it didn't get:


Many flowers start to have a faded look:



Evenings are getting darker.  This photo was taken in the cool-coloured twilight hours, with some cosy light coming through the living door window:


Guess what this is:


It's a cloud that I found particularly elegant, photographed at about 10 p.m., facing south.  Only later it came to my mind that it could be just a condensation trail left by an aircraft.  But I don't think so. :)