Welcome to Villa Emilia (My Woodland Garden), a photography blog with a slant towards gardening and nature. An amateur gardener and photographer, I hope to share beautiful moments with you through pictures. Let me know if you like them! ❤

Thank you for your visit.

18.7.2014

Bedding plants... in pink

Cosmos has been the star performer of this summer; the plants have grown well and healthy and they produce plenty of flowers.  While taking photos of them, however, I also noticed something unpleasant. Since there are both aphids and ants on the plants, one could easily imagine a nasty mutualistic relationship between them.  Well, I took a pair of thin plastic gloves and picked and squashed them all.


The marguerite daisies have been slow to grow, but now they start looking established.  After a rainy night, they look more vigorous and happy:


I don't know from where the light blue shade of these photos comes; let's say the petals reflect the blue sky of a beautiful summer morning...