Welcome to Villa Emilia (My Woodland Garden), a photography blog with a slant towards gardening and nature. An amateur gardener and photographer, I hope to share beautiful moments with you through pictures. Let me know if you like them!

Kommentit suomen kielellä ovat erityisen tervetulleita! - Puoi commentare anche in italiano!

Thank you for your visit.

15/01/2015

Playing


Last week I shared a photo (a vase of tulips) processed using Picasa's Pencil Sketch effect. I'm not done yet with my experiments... but don't worry, I'm not going to post these every week! :D






Of flowers, I made "sketches" with a little bit of colour. This is the same photo as in my previous post. I like how these white roses came out:






Lupins are among my favourite flowers:






Hydrangeas are not my favourite flowers, but I do like this image:






Then I wanted to see how buildings and town views would look:






During a stay  -  many, many years ago  -  in Florence, Italy, this was the view from our hotel room window:






This photo, taken not far from where we lived (an area of beautiful hills and with plenty of castles), was taken through some kind of stone window or door. The dark stone frames the original photo nicely, but in the "pencil sketch" it looks blurry:






It has been snowing much. Wet, heavy snow and even longer power outages are expected for the weekend and start of next week. I hope I will be able to participate in Mosaic Monday and to visit your blogs! Bye for now!



14 comments:

  1. Nuo kuvankäsittelyt ovat hauskoja, joskus olen töissä rakentanut erään esityksen samalla tavalla käsitellyt sinimailasesta nappaamaani kuvaan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hei, Susanna!
      Kiitos kommentistasi ja tervetuloa lukijaksi! :)
      Esityksesi on varmaan ollut kaunis ja mielenkiintoinen!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous! I love what you did with your photos - so unique and lovely :) Have a wonderful day, Sara! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie! :)
      The funny thing is that I feel the images look better on my computer than they do on the site...
      I need to work on that.
      You too have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Tämäpä mielenkiintoista! Olen unohtanut Picasan aivan kokonaan, harmi. Täytyypä kokeilla. Kokeilusi ovat kerrassaan upeita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos, Kyllimarjaana!! :)
      Picasalla on tosiaan helppoa tehdä monenlaista hauskaa. Joitakin teknisiä ongelmia minulla oli näiden kanssa. Esimerkiksi jotkin kuvat muuttuivat tallennettaessa hieman (?!). Ja lopulliset kuvat näyttävät komeammilta omalla koneella kuin blogissa (?!). Pitää vielä harjoitella!
      Näkemisiin!

      Delete
  4. Whatever you did with the pictures; I just love ♥♥♥ They absolutely became such fairy tale drawings!
    Very well done :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nurdan! ♥
      See you soon & Have a lovely day!

      Delete
  5. Ihanan näköisiä kuvia! Ihan kuin valokuvista tulisi taitavia grafiikkapiirroksia. Enpä ole ennen tuota toimintoa picasassa kokeillutkaan, täytyykin järjestää leikkihetki picasan kanssa joku hetki..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos, Laura! :)
      Minulla ainakin oli hauskaa... Mutta paranneltavaa on vielä paljon.
      Näkemisiin!

      Delete
  6. Your time playing with Picasa resulted in some lovely images. The black and white really highlights architecture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorrie! :)
      Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  7. I've not used Picassa since I had a PC but do like the effects you're creating Sara. I hope you'll have power to join Mosaic Monday as it's a good place to flaunt one's photography. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Judith, it's a wonderful place to do that! :D
      See you soon!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! It is very much appreciated.

I will try to reply to each and every one, either by email,
by responding to you on this post, visiting your blog and
leaving a comment or, if I am really in a hurry,
by +1ing your post :) !

Kiitos kommentistasi!

Grazie del tuo commento!