Welcome to Villa Emilia (My Woodland Garden), a photography blog with a slant towards gardening and nature. An amateur gardener and photographer, I hope to share beautiful moments with you through pictures. Let me know if you like them!

Kommentit suomen kielellä ovat erityisen tervetulleita! - Puoi commentare anche in italiano!

Thank you for your visit.

11/11/2014

Grammar

In the blogroll of one of the lovely blogs I follow, I noticed a link to Jen's nice website. On her post, she writes about an unpleasant phenomenon in the blogging world, that is about people who write comments only/mainly to say something impolite or to point out the writer's spelling or other mistakes. That kind of people must have a really empty and unhappy life, otherwise they wouldn't behave like that.

This topic brought to my mind one of my favourite cartoons. Many of you may have seen this strip; I found it several years ago, much before I was even considering having a small blog of my own. It's lovely, isn't it?



For more adventures of "Chuck&Beans", visit http://www.shoeboxblog.com/!

5 comments:

  1. Cute cartoon Sara. I've heard this too and recently from some fellow bloggers. Only once did I have a negative comment and I deleted it right away. Later I thought I should have left it there for everyone else to see what this woman was really like.
    My idea of blogging is a positive upbeat place to share things and I keep politics and religion out of the picture. I cringe when I see poor grammar but I would never correct someone publicly.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true Sara. Some people are so quick to criticize. I too saw Jen's post and cannot understand why some people are so unkind. Love the comic strip! Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by the Garden Spot. I, too, read Jen's post yesterday. If I had to be judged by me poor proofreading, I guess I'd quiit blogging all together. I have to chucke because I have a masster's degree in English and taught college students how to write for nearly 25 years. I was tough on proofreading and proper grammar as well, but errors do slip by and no one is perfect. The cartoon is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's really impolite to correct someone's grammar or writing style in the comments. I'm appalled that anyone would even consider it. Great cartoon that illustrates the point so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't aware that this is happening. I know it's not because I never make grammatical or spelling errors myself; just yesterday a friend wrote me *off my blog* to tell me about a weird typo. I would only correct someone whom I knew *very* well, and then only if I know they care about this sort of thing, and never in public.

    ReplyDelete


Thank you for your comment! It is very much appreciated.
It may take awhile, but I will always visit you back.

Kiitos kommentistasi!

Grazie del tuo commento!